Wow! I am finally getting to posting a blog. Life has been wonderfully hectic as we prepare for our baby girl's arrival. Josh and I are expecting Addelynn the first week of October and are so excited. It has definately been a bumpy, humbling road. This is our fifth pregnancy and we feel like we are so blessed that everything has worked out well. There is nothing more devastating that losing a baby, let alone four, and it has definately molded us into better people and hopefully better parents for our babies to come.
Josh has been busily working on the nursery. He is so handy and has done a wonderful job painting, putting up crown molding, refinishing a changing table, and any other odds and ends I decide are needed, lol. I am really blessed to have a crafty husband!
We are planning to go to Vegas this weekend for my cousins wedding. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow to make sure I am good to travel. With four previous miscarriages and a scare of an incompetent cervix I am seeing perintologists (high risk doctors) that monitor me very closely. It is good to know that I am in the best care possible, but at the same time you wish you could just have a non-worrisome pregnancy too! I am so hoping that my appt. goes well tomorrow because Josh and I could really use a few days of fun!
Although I am super busy preparing for the baby, I can't help but think of how much I am going to miss teaching. I never really went into teaching thinking that I would do it as a career for years and years, but now that I am not teaching, I truly miss it so much! There is nothing better in this world than impacting the lives of children for the better. It is a blessing and gift that keeps on giving. I do, however, know that one of the greatest roles in my life is to be a mother and that trying to teach and be a new mommy would not be the easiest, most definately resulting in me not being able to split up my time appropriately. I know my sad feelings will dissipate as soon as my little pumkin' arrives. Only a few more months!
I sure hope my glucose blood tests and my traveling checkup go well tomorrow. Fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hooray! I saw this in my google reader and was so happy! Your blog looks great, I like the picture in the header, well done!
How about some pictures of that cute nursery! I didn't get a chance to see at the shower since it was insane that day! Call me we need to hang out and you need to come see the girl's room! It turned out dang cute! Love you girl!
By the way you had better approve my comments or you and I are finished:)
Post a Comment