Monday, December 15, 2008

Healing

It's been a little over a month since my surgery and I am healing pretty well. I went for another post op appointment with my surgeon today and she said we will probably only have to pack (shoving gauze and silvasorb into a bottomless wound, then covering with more gauze, and taping up to cover completely) for another two weeks. Josh and I don't consider it "packing" anymore because the inside of my wound is pretty much healed, it's just the top that needs to close. If you saw it a month or even a few weeks ago it would be "packing". Maybe "patting" with gauze would be a better term for the job.

My surgeon said that I have to wait until my wound is completely healed before I can breastfed off that side again. This could possible be another month because just because we're not "patting" and covering with gauze after two weeks, doesn't necessarily mean that it is completely healed. This is kind of a bummer because pumping is getting really old. I feel like I'm doing double duty. I was also told by Mrs. Doc that after I'm done breastfeeding that we will need to do a mammogram because abscess' can lead to breast cancer. I guess because an abscess is a puss pocket and once it's removed it leaves a space kind of?!? Who knows! She said I was healthy and young though, so the odds are very, very low. Whew!

On a lighter note, we took Addelynn to get pictures with Santa today. The old school I taught at does pictures(the district custodian dresses up and looks like Santa to a "T" ; it's really cute!). She did so well, didn't smile, but looked adorable all the same. Considering the 3 year old before her was crying, I was happy that she just sat content as can be on his lap! We bought her a little Claus dress with a fun little hat and put cute white tights on her. Stay tuned for pictures once they're developed!

Oh, and I am also getting my hair chopped tomorrow. I am SO nervous! I seriously haven't had short or even shoulder length hair in probably 13 some odd years! It's so scary for me....I know I'm a huge baby, but my hair grows so slow. Anything is better than me throwing it up in a bun all the time, so says the hub. I have to agree that it is up 99% of the time because it gets in the way, so to have it shorter and more easily cute ponytail and not long and annoying ponytail material, will be nice! Stay tuned for those pics, as well!

No comments: