So Josh and I woke up this morning at around 8am and ate breakfast (he had court at nine) or normally he would be up around 11 or noon. We ate and then I was exhausted and went back to sleep, lol. See I need work to keep me motivated!!! Josh came home and joined me for some wholesome napping and we finally woke up around 1pm. I know, I know...the day is almost a waste but sleep is so good!
I was hungry and decided to make some lunch. I got downstairs and started thinking about what sounded good and the next thing you know I have all the goods out to make some yummy chocolate chip cookies. How does a nutritious lunch turn into two hours of cookie making you ask??? I have been craving them!!!! I picked out a random recipe and got to work. Josh helped me stir because everyone knows that is the worst part. In the end, I have way too many cookies to possibly know what to do with and I never did eat lunch. I personally like crunchy cookies that dissolve ever so wonderfully in a cold glass of milk...I pretty much had to overcook this recipe to get that result. I am not too much of a gooey cookie person, so I was a tad disappointed but alas I will have a splendid time eating these delightful treats for the next several days. If anyone is hungry, bored, or both feel free to come join me in my indulgences.
I have still yet to be called for a sub job, but I have had a few people respond to my tutoring ad, so hopefully that brings some money here and there. Josh is a little weary of me going to random houses because he thinks like a cop and knows someone is out trying to reek evil on poor teachers trying to make an extra buck tutoring, but I promised him I would be careful of my choices and even suggested I could meet my students in a public place. He's funny...but if it hadn't happened before to someone out there, I'm sure he wouldn't be so paranoid. Did I mention that I HATE money and especially the lack of having it. I am still searching for that magic seed that will someday sprout me an abundance of fresh, delicious, money fruit.
I have also come to the conclusion that I need to find someone who I can pay to eat with each night. Josh is not here for dinner 4 nights a week and I definitely hate the thought of cooking only for myself. I miss my old neighbors who would take me in during times such as these. I would just bring something to add to the dinner and we would sit down like a real family and eat, lol. Oh woe is me! Looks like the dinner menu tonight calls for some yummy chocolate chip cookies!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmmm, cookies. Sounds quite tasty right now! I am trying to be better about sweets, Phil & I decided only sweets on Sundays, dang it! So have a cookie for me, or 5.
Enjoy that sleep sister it won't last until even 10 am when that little lady comes:)
Post a Comment