Sunday, August 3, 2008

Happenings

Thought I would post to catch up a bit. Vegas was fun, just really short. My cousin Randie looked beautiful in her wedding dress and the food was oh so yummy. One thing about weddings...there is normally great food involved!

School started last week which is a bit surreal. I miss not having my classroom, being busy all the time, and having an impact on children. I visited Tabby at school on Tuesday and also brought my shower invites to handout. We had lunch and it was fun seeing her classroom and catching up. I met with Bill, my old principal and we went over my AIMS scores from this past year. Although there were areas where I thought my kids could have done better, overall I'm really happy. I had 25 students and all of them met or exceeded in Reading and Writing. I had one student approach, and one fall fall below in Math, but considering how some of my students started the year, that is wonderful! I had the best results in Math, with 16 out of my 25 students exceeding. I was pretty nervous because I missed the last month before AIMS because of bed rest and had other people doing review and such for me. All worked out well though and it was nice to see that I contributed a little. :)

The nursery is almost done. I just have a few more things I have to hang on the wall and a glider and ottoman is definitely a must. It is pretty darn cute though. Josh did a great job, my little handy man! Tabby helped me organize my two clutter bedrooms yesterday...she is great and loves to help me throw out unneeded junk! I am kind of a pack rat and it is nice to have someone help you let go of things you no longer need! I miss working with Tabby, but am so thankful that our friendship has carried on outside of work. I think Josh enjoys hanging out with her too, especially since they recite random dumb movies (lol) together and she plays Wii with him which his over pregnant wife hasn't been too into lately. Love ya Tab!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant today and can't believe that I'm on the homestretch! It has been such an amazing blessing to be pregnant and I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that has entrusted Josh and I with this beautiful baby to love and help to grow. He truly does know our hearts and is faithful even when we are lacking faith. I find myself continually thanking my Father in Heaven for the blessings in my life and I hope that there are many more to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys too!!!!!!!

Bethany said...

How did you decide to decorate your nursery? I LOVE BABY STUFF... I think I'm addicted. I need to stop this. Hee Hee

Bethany said...

How did you decide to decorate your nursery? I LOVE BABY STUFF... I think I'm addicted. I need to stop this. Hee Hee

Heather said...

Good job on the AIMS testing! That is great and a testament to your teaching skills.

Post pics of your nursery!