Who knew finding a pediatrician would be so difficult. There are so many things to consider. How is their demeanor with children (we better hope it's good or they're in the wrong profession, lol), do they do hospital visits, do they draw blood in office or do you have to go to a lab, what are their hours, do they have after hours? Geesh...I wish a pediatrician would just fall into my lap. If anyone has a pediatrician that they just love...please send the recommendation my way.
My Dr.'s can't predict for sure, but still tell me my cervix is shorter than normal which means once this baby is ready to come...she's gonna come...early even! This means that I have just a few short weeks to get everything hashed out and in order for her arrival.
My baby shower is this weekend and I just can't wait! I feel like my beautiful baby girl has been a long time in the waiting and I can't wait to get everything set up for her and of course meet her! I know a lot of people are just as excited as I am and I'm so glad to be able to spend a day with them and celebrate! I thought for sure with my four previous miscarriages that I would read every book, dwell on every single aspect of my pregnancy, want to buy everything in sight because nothing is too good for my baby, but to my surprise I have been quite the opposite. I just started reading my pregnancy book the other day to see what to expect for labor and breastfeeding (since I haven't taken a class on it) but that is about all. Alot of the nursery is Craigslist furnished and I have bought maybe 2 outfits for her and they were on clearance! I have just been in awe over this pregnancy and realized that over analyzing and dwelling like I did with my other pregnancies, does no good for me or those around me! I am glad that I am relaxed when it really counts. The only thing I am a little anxious about is breastfeeding...hints me deciding to pull out my book.
As of right now too, I have decided to try a natural birth and if it gets too much to handle, then I will request other means. I just want to try it and see if i can do it...after all women were doing it for years without epidurals. I will definitely request the pain meds, but the thought of being paralyzed from the waist down doesn't seem too comforting to me. We shall see! My mom had all of us natural and a few of my friends have done it too and say it's no big deal. I'm hoping for a super quick, painless delivery...is that too much to ask???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I can help or give you names of people who can help with breast feeding, the thing to remember is to STICK WITH IT! Dont give up!
I cant wait to see you and your big beautiful belly!
If you need anything, dont hesitate to ask. Love you!
You can do all of it! I had Lexie w/o any drugs! Course she came fast too, which helped! With Andrew, I had to have an epidural because of complications during labor & I hated the paralyzing sensation. I felt much better after natural child birth if you can believe that too! As for breast feeding, you just have to hang in there. The first two weeks can be tough, but it is so worth it and things will work out eventually. I hope I can come on Saturday. I have a few conflicts that I'm trying to hash out. Oh...& Lexie got bit by a spider yesterday that I'm having to watch very closely. My life is so crazy anymore!
Oh Cortney, I can't believe how soon it is!! Breastfeeding is hard at first, but as long as you relax, it gets easier and easier. And plus it makes you skinny!! :) Oh and about the epidurral, once I got into the hospital, I was dialated to a 5 and I was screaming, "GIVE ME THE EPIDURRAL NOW!!" Actually the contractions aren't that painful, they just make you super tired because they don't stop. And plus right when I got it, I fell asleep and it was so nice because I had to push FOR 3 HOURS!!!!! But I think it would be awesome if you can do it without it!! I'm so excited for you!!
It may be too much to ask!! I am sure you'll do great though!
Just don't go to Dr. Kendra Hall with east Valley Pediatrics. My sister and I both had Dr. Hall (and a friend) and we finally switched and we each love our new Dr.s her's is actually in Queen Creek (we are in Casa Grande now). I'll ask her for the info. Her kids have issues and she loves the new guy, cause he doesn't miss stuff! In the meantime good luck!
Where are the shower pics? I can't wait to see! Let me know when I can come bring your shower gift over and see the cutest preggo girl ever!
I love my Pediatrician! Dr. Randy Leavitt he has two offices one on Pecos and Power, and another on Greenfield and Baseline. The other Dr's in the office are great too but I love Dr. Leavitt the most. I believe they are all LDS too if that makes a difference to you. Hope this helps. I am still sad you didn't tell me you had your blog!
Post a Comment