Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Reality Check

I received a text this morning from my visiting teaching companion and she wanted me to guess what she did this morning. She is due Oct. 6th (a day after me and we see the same Dr's) so it's been fun going through the whole experience with someone. Anyways, I text her back thinking she got her Group B Strep Test because it's about that time in our pregnancy. She text back with "No, had a baby!" What?!? A baby...when, where, how?!?

She got up to go to the restroom last night and then got back into bed, when all of the sudden she felt a kick and then a ton of fluid. She said she gushed gallons, lol. Needless to say, they got to the hospital just in time for her to get an a spinal and get prepped for her c-section. The baby was breech and when little Alena kicked it broke Katie's water. Alena is in the Nicu because she was several weeks early, but so far is doing well. I am going to go visit Katie tomorrow and bring her some baby supplies because they didn't have a hospital bag packed. This brings me to my reality check...I need to pack my bags just in case.

Mom and I went to the hospital class last week (Josh had to work) and they reiterated that babies come on their own time and with their own agendas, so it is best to be prepared ahead of time. I know this...but have been putting things off still...after the news this morning I am more inclined to get everything done and ready.

I also found out today that my cousin Randie is expecting her second in February! I sure hope it's a girl so that Addelynn has a little cousin to grow up with! I loved having cousins my age growing up, especially of the same gender!

On another note, Josh had a dream a few nights ago that I had a quick and successful delivery...which made my day. We will have to see how accurate his predictions were! I sure hope I can get away with just pain meds and no epidural, but we will have to see how much pain I can actually tolerate. The thought of being paralized for a while and having a catheter is not sitting well with me. I also want to be able to get up and move around and not be conf ined to a bed. I hope all my years of martial arts training will come in handy with the mental part of delivery!

I can't believe that in a week I will be 25 and a few weeks after that have my little baby girl! It is so fun to think that in a month I will be a mommy. I sure hope that I will be a good one and rear her up in love and righteousness. It is a little intimidating to think that you are responsible for the upbringing and well being of another human being and you will be judged in the end on how well you do it. I'm sure we will make mistakes, but it will be wonderful to have Josh to go through the experience with. I don't think I could have asked for a better companion to go through this journey with. When I am stressed and crazy...he cracks jokes and lightens up the mood. We are definately opposites in a lot of things, but it works out well for us.

Well, I have a Dr. appt tomorrow. It shouldn't be too exciting, unless for some reason they decide to check me and I'm dialating or something exciting! I doubt it...I think I will probably be the one who goes a few days over!!! I am actually enjoying the last few weeks with Josh, family, and friends before the baby frenzy begins. People tell me life is never quite the same once a baby comes, so I am taking advantage of the last little moments with Josh and everyone else I care about. I get to see my girls on Friday for Lorain's birthday...so that should be really fun!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Martial arts trainging? You will kick some maternity butt! Get packing and enjoy your birthday!

Stephanie said...

Hey brat! How come I didn't get clued into your blog?? Thank you very much "now I know who my real friends are" (Saturday Night Live Will Farrell's greatest if you didn't catch on).

Denyse said...

Hey maam! Found your blog on Christy & Jakes, how are you doing??? You look so cute prego by the way, and I know what you mean about the reality check...that was for me too :) Im only 2 weeks away and still not packed-I know what I'm gonna be doing tonight!