Friday, September 12, 2008

Young Women's Surprise Baby Shower

Young Women's Surprise Baby Shower!!!!!

Normally on Wednesdays you can find me at mutual with the YW leaders and girls. Last Wednesday mutual was cancelled (or so I was told) and this Wednesday it wasn't at the normal Stake Building, Sis. Robinson decided to have it at her house. I asked what we were doing and Sis. Robinson said something about rotating the girls through different stations. That was good enough for me. Well, Wednesday rolled around and I had been kind of grumpy all day because I haven't been able to sleep lately, I'm as big as a full size semi-truck and Josh has been working days all week, so I have barely been able to see him. I was half tempted to go to YW's in basketball shorts and a comfy shirt, but decided I had to look at least halfway presentable. I get in my car, make the short drive to Brenda's house, ring the doorbell and to my astonishment see all of the leaders and my girls sitting in a huge circle and yelling "SURPRISE!" I then immediately felt like the worst person in the world for having a miserable day when they all put so much time and effort into making this night special for me.




Come to find out that they did have mutual last week where they were busy planning my shower and making my homemade quilt which you will see a picture of below. They were also busy writing words of advice on cards for me to scrapbook. The shower was absolutely beautiful. I keep telling Brenda that she needs to go into party planning because she does everything to a "T". She had so many fun games like having the girls guess how many poopies (tootsie rolls were in a diaper), name that flavor of baby food (we had 10 taste trials on a plate), draw Cortney's baby with your eyes closed, "How well do you know Cortney?" with 15 questions about me, Baby Bingo, and we even did the string game to see how enormously large my belly has gotten! The girls won prizes for the games and we all had a fantastic time.



Brenda made the cutest little favors like Baby Ruth's swaddled in blankets and yummy chocolates wrapped up in diapers. She also made cupcakes that looked like baby faces, an amazing Pamper's baby cake, delicious punch, and more yummy food! I don't think I could have wished for a better surprise. I was completely caught off guard and had such a wonderful time! The girls also all worked together to make Addelynn a homemade quilt which I know she will adore throughout her life. I love our Young Women's Family!


Tootsie Roll Poopies! Name that Baby Food Chocolates in Diapers


The awesome table full of yummy food for my belly!









Left Picture: My amazing Quilt the girls made


Right Picture: Brenda measuring my enormous baby bump! Holy cow have I gained some weight!






My Amazing Diaper Cake

.

























6 comments:

Heather said...

What a great surprise for you and I am sure the girls loved planning it! You are very loved!

Bethany said...

That is so cute! What a wonderful surprise. How does God always know when we need a little boost in our spirits. Amazing isn't it? It won't be long now darlin.

Anonymous said...

Cortney....How Fun...I love showers...sorry I missed yours! I did make you 2 cute little girl blankets with burp rags...I will have to get them to you sometime!

Christi said...

How fun for you! I hope you have gotten all you need!

Jer said...

You are loved because you love! Love, Jer

Stephanie said...

We really need to get together soon!! We are leaving town for the week but if that baby is still not here we had better make some time. I will go in with you on the catalogs. I really don't want to quite so I think I am going to just fork out the money and make some money to make up for it. Call me or I will call you when we get back.