Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I love a good deal!

So Craigslist has literally become my at home shopping experience. What does a girl do when she has no money to go buy baby stuff at full price....shop Craigslist. I have come across some amazing bargains and the stuff I have bought is like brand new. When I can save money just from perusing through ads on Craigslist...I feel a sense of accomplishment, lol.

On another note, I subbed on Friday for an 8th grade Social Studies class at the middle school and boy will I not do that again at least until the baby is born. I forget how crazy, rude, and hormonal 14 year olds can be! I am looking forward to the pay for subbing, but I sure hope I get some more jobs with the little kiddos instead.

Tomorrow is my Birthday and I will be twenty-five. I sure can't believe that I'm getting up there in age. I went out to dinner with my family tonight, which was alot of fun. I got the sweetest card from my parents with money to buy a new camera, which I'm really excited about! Just in time for our little one to arrive! It is amazing to think that I am the same age as my mom was when she had me. She turned fifty this year and I twenty-five and when I'm fifty my little Addey will be turning twenty-five! I am amazed at how as the years pass by, I become more and more aware of how blessed I am. Even through my trials over my twenty-five years of life, I always come back to the fact that I have more blessings to count than mishaps and misfortunes. I think more people would be happier if they focused on the blessings and positives in their lives' rather than the negatives. The later part is definitely easier to do at times, but that is when we start to lose hope, I think,

I am going out to dinner with my girlfriends tomorrow (Josh has to work) at BJ's. It should be really fun and yummy! I can't wait to sink my teeth into the chocolate chip pizookie! My doctor said the best way to avoid stretch marks is to watch how much weight I gain...but how can someone possible pass up a monster cookie loaded with tons of yummy ice cream!?! I sure can't!

6 comments:

codyandkristiboretsky said...

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you've got some fun birthday plans!! Beware- I'm coming by your house today with a surprise!! I love your sweet thoughts on how blessed you KNOW you are! I agree that we all need to remind ourselves often of everything we have to be so grateful for!!

Christi said...

I love pazookis too, mmm yum! You just can't pass it up!! Stretch marks fade anyway... hope you have a fabulous birthday!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! We need to get together before that baby makes it's presence since I won't see you for at least a few weeks after. I will come but there will be no hanging out any way. Have fun tonight and give me a call! Love ya!

Jess said...

First of all Craigslist is the bee's knees! I LOVE it!

Secondly, I am glad I stopped by to say hi, your little rant about focusing on the positive is exactly what I needed to hear right now...thank you.

Third, I hope you had the best birthday ever! Enjoy your last few moments as Cortney before your name is mommy. <3

Bethany said...

I love BJ's too! Hope you have a great birthday lady!

Denyse said...

Happy belated bday!! I am so craving a pazookie right now, thanks! Maybe I'll attempt to make one tonight :)