Sunday, September 21, 2008
Baby CPR
One thing that I was a little anxious about was being alone with our baby and not knowing what to do if she choked or lost consiousness, so of course one of the things on my list was to learn CPR and choking techniques for babies. I was so thankful that a friend of ours who is a firefighter was able to come and teach us the class in our home. It is so important to be updated on the new information that comes out on life saving techniques, as they change periodically. Compressions and techniques are much different for a baby or infant than for a grown adult, which makes knowing what to do even more important. I know feel a lot more prepared should an emergency ever come up.
Mom and Dad were able to make it out and update their skills a bit. It had been 14 years since the last time they had taken a CPR class and a lot of things had changed!
Josh doing part of the technique for helping an infant who is choking.
Me doing compressions on an unconsious baby. The new routine is 30 to 2...thirty compressions to every two breaths.
Such a serious Daddy! I think this is the only serious face Josh had during the whole experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a smart mommy! You can never be too prepared and now you can have peace of mind for the just in case scenarios that I hope never happen.
Can we squeeze in a lunch before your big day?? Thurs-Sat work for me.
You are so smart!
I didn't know Josh had a serious face??:) I love the belly!
How about some pictures!! You still need to let me know when I can come by and see that little baby girl! Call me ok.
Post a Comment